The City of Edinburgh Council are looking to recruit a Lifelong Learning Library Development Leader at Wester Hailes Education Centre.
The postholder will be the school librarian at WHEC, work 36.00 hours per week with a salary of £24,029 – £28,688 per month.
The WHEC is a vibrant high school supporting a range of communities and pupils with diverse needs and aspirations. The high school is co-located with very busy community leisure and learning facilities for use by the wider community. It is situated near Westside Plaza in Wester Hailes, close to the Wester Hailes Community Library, CEC Local Office and Gate 55 community centre. The library is busy and very well used.
The successful candidate will have key responsibility for:
- Managing a vibrant and stimulating high school library.
- Supporting learning within Curriculum for Excellence guidelines
- Answering queries, locating resources and maximising opportunities for the effective use and promotion of services.
- Promoting literacy in innovative and creative ways.
- Identify texts and resources suitable for young people with a range of learning needs and the ability to engage with young people to correctly identify and meet these needs.
- Liaising with teaching staff, librarians and outside agencies in order to plan and deliver literacy based projects to groups and classes of young people.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
If you would like more information about the role or an informal discussion please contact:
Christine Doherty Lifelong Learning Services Manager South West
You can apply online here. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 21 August 2018.