ODEON will reopen 70 more UK cinemas in time for the much-awaited release of Tenet, now on sale.
ODEON has announced a new set of reopenings including Odeon Luxe Edinburgh West as part of its phased relaunch plans.
The new phase will see a further 70 cinemas reopen just in time for the release of highly-anticipated Christopher Nolan spy-thriller, Tenet (in cinemas 26 August).
The reopenings will feature the ODEON safer cinema experience which has been carefully designed to meet Government guidelines and to give ODEON guests and colleagues confidence & reassurance.
Film fans can purchase their tickets from today, to catch Tenet as well as big screen classics including Inception (10th anniversary re-issue), Trolls World Tour, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (40th anniversary re-issue), Dirty Dancing and Jurassic Park.
ODEON – the UK’s largest cinema chain – has today announced the reopening of a further 70 cinemas in August, just in time for Christopher Nolan’s highly-anticipated spy thriller Tenet. Film fans can purchase their tickets at odeon.co.uk from today to ensure they bag a seat for the release.
The new phase of reopenings joins a list of 29 successfully reopened ODEON UK & Ireland cinemas in July and August, which have received continued positive feedback from guests on the experience and additional safety measures.
To ensure guests can enjoy the ODEON safer cinema experience in the most controlled environment, ODEON has worked with the UK Cinema Association and UK Government to introduce enhanced health and safety measures to each site. These safety measures include:
- Contactless experience, including booking online and contactless ticket checks in cinema and contactless till payments for purchasing food and drinks
- Range of ‘Grab & Go’ pre-packaged food and drinks including a bottled drink, Butterkist popcorn and a bag of sweets to improve speed of service
A Safer Space:
- Limited seats on sale for each show and guaranteed unoccupied seats between guests to meet social distancing requirements, whilst enabling family groups and social bubbles to sit together
- Staggered show start times to reduce queues, with safe queuing measures in place such as floor markings and cinema host support
- Newly serviced air conditioning that ensures fresh air is delivered into all screens
Enhanced cleaning by well-trained teams:
- More frequent cleaning routines on all high contact areas of the cinema guest journey
- Guest sanitiser stations offering complimentary sanitising gels and wipes
- Teams diligently trained on safety and hygiene measures, equipped with PPE, including face coverings and gloves
Film fans are bursting at the seams to catch action-packed thriller Tenet. Written and directed by Christopher Nolan, the film will follow the journeys of its characters on their espionage mission to save the world. Tenet’s star-studded cast includes Michael Caine, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki and John David Washington.
Carol Welch, Managing Director UK & IRE said:
We are pleased to announce the reopening of 70 additional cinemas across the UK, just in time to screen the season’s biggest film, Tenet. It has been wonderful to receive such positive guest feedback on our recent reopenings, and we can’t wait to keep sharing the magic of cinema with more film fans across the nation.
Film fans can purchase their tickets for Tenet online here.