Lothian is pleased to announce that a further service change will be introduced to the network from Sunday 13 September, which will see the reinstatement of Nightbuses and increased frequency across a number of services.
Since lockdown was first imposed back in March as a result of the Covid-19 crisis, teams across Lothian have continued to analyse travel patterns and customer feedback to ensure the business is meeting the needs of as many passengers as possible.
With the reopening of the hospitality sector, it is hoped the reinstatement of Nightbus services will help support those employed in bars and restaurants across the capital and the Lothians. As students return to their studies later this month, a change to services calling at college and university campuses will also be welcome news.
- Service 15: Introduced between the City Centre and Pentland Science Park for Easter Bush Campus
- Service 25: More buses in the evenings and on Saturdays & Sundays for Heriot Watt University
- Service X29: Will serve Edinburgh College Granton Campus.
- Service 30/N30: More evening buses for Queen Margaret’s Musselburgh Campus
- Service 34: More buses on Mondays to Fridays
- Service 35: More buses on Mondays to Fridays. The route is altered to serve Heriot Watt University Research Park in both directions as per Service 34.
- Service 38: Minor timetable change on Monday to Friday morning peak to increase capacity for Edinburgh University and The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
- Service 45: Will be reinstated during the day on Mondays to Fridays, serving Heriot Watt and Queen Margaret Campuses
- Service 47: Some morning and afternoon journeys will serve Easter Bush Campus as Service 47B.
Across the network, many services will operate to revised timetables with improvements to evening and weekend frequencies, in addition to minor changes which will increase reliability.
Changes to local services are:
Revised timetable. Frequency increased to every 10 minutes on Saturday, and to every 20 minutes on Sunday during the day.
Nightbus N3 reintroduced
Revised timetable. Saturday daytime frequency increased to every 15 minutes and every 20 minutes on Sunday
Minor timetable changes with improvements to evening service.
Nightbus N30 reintroduced
Minor timetable changes on all days with Improvements to evening service.
Minor timetable changes to improve reliability.
You can rread the full list of changes on Lothian’s website here.