WHALE Arts are recruiting a cleaner to provide temporary ad hoc cover based at the WHALE Arts Centre.
The hours provided woul be flexible, mostly during weekdays and possibly some evenings and weekends, set in advance with a salary of £9.50 per hour.
Main Activities and Key Responsibilities
- Cleaning, stocking and supplying designated facility areas including dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning, refilling hand sanitiser machines etc.)
- To work in line with Health and Safety guidelines in relation to COVID-19
- To monitor the building’s state of cleanliness and notify the Finance and Facilities Manager of any further actions or changes required
- Performing and documenting routine cleaning activities in bookable spaces, offices, kitchen and other spaces
- To be a keyholder and open and secure the WHALE Learning Centre for various users of the building during and out of office hours
- To carry out any relevant duties as required
- To comply with relevant WHALE Arts Agency Policies
- To undertake any relevant training in relation to the post
Apply in writing or by email, enclosing/attaching:
- An up to date CV detailing relevant education and employment experience. No longer than two pages.
- A covering letter demonstrating how your skills meet the Essential and Desirable Skills criteria of the job description. No longer than one page.
- Details of two referees, including your most recent employer.
The successful candidate will be appointed to the role subject to confirmation of PVG Scheme Membership.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Monday 29th March and we will be in touch to arrange a conversation.
If you have any questions about the role, please send Laura Delahunt, Enterprise and Facilities Manager at WHALE Arts a message requesting to set up a chat by calling 0131 458 3267 or by email: email@example.com
You can read the full job description online here.