WHALE Arts are seeking to fill a Front of House Vacancy working one day a week at the WHALE Arts Centre.
The post is one day a week (8.50am to 5.00pm) until 31st March 2022 with a salary of £9.50 per hour and with occasional overtime available.
Main Activities and Key Responsibilities
Front of House:
- The first point of contact for visitors to the multi-organisation WHALE Arts Centre & community-led arts charity and social enterprise WHALE Arts and warmly greeting and orientating visitors, responding to telephone enquiries in a clear, kind and informative manner.
- When on Front of House checking the WHALE Arts info@ email account. Responding to emails and directing enquiries to the correct contact.
- Communicating with tenants and partners to support visitors from all backgrounds with varied requirements.
- Work in line with current health and safety regulations in the building and help communicate this message appropriately.
- Maintaining registers and attendance records and databases.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining office and hire equipment.
- Carrying out franking and printing, copying, laminating as required.
- Help coordinate WHALE Arts internal room bookings and external hires.
- Preparing spaces, equipment and supplies as required for room bookings.
- Setting up AV as required for room bookings.
- Occasionally liaising with external contractors.
- Accepting deliveries.
- Ordering supplies and ensuring spaces maintained to high standards.
- Occasionally help arranging repairs and resolving maintenance issues.
- The Front of House Administrator may be a key holder.
- Some assistance with marketing duties may be required where appropriate.
Apply in writing or by email, enclosing/attaching:
- A note of interest in an email detailing your current skills and suitability for the role.
- Details of two referees.
Applications are open until Monday 6th September at noon 2021 however, it is advisable to apply as early as possible. WHALE will contact interested individuals as they apply and invite them for a conversation rather than a formal interview.
The successful candidate will be appointed to the role subject to confirmation of PVG Scheme Membership.
Enterprise and Facilities Manager
WHALE Arts Centre,
30 Westburn Grove,
0131 458 3267