The City of Edinburgh Council are recruiting a Cleaning Operative Vacancy based at Wester Hailes Education Centre.
The post is permanent, working part-time 19.5 hours per week, 40 weeks sessional, with a salary of £19,123 – £19,424 (pro rata for part time and sessional).
Purpose of Job
To be responsible for the general cleaning of the premises in accordance with the Service Level agreement, under the direction of the Cleaning Supervisor whilst ensuring all cleaning materials/equipment are handled and utilised in a safe and conscientious manner.
Major Tasks and Job Activities
- To empty litter and recycling bins.
- The cleaning of all surfaces, internal glass, floors, furniture, fixtures and fittings within a group of buildings.
- The cleaning of all sanitary areas, toilets and showers and the replenishment of washroom consumables.
- Emergency and re-active cleaning as required, e.g. removal of graffiti, body fluid spillages, accidental spillages.
- The care and cleanliness of all equipment used in carrying out the above duties.
- Facilities Management is responsible for keyholding to enable opening and closing of buildings that we service. As part of the duties of a Cleaning Operative, you may be required to fulfil these tasks. This typically would include operation of security alarm systems, closing accessible windows and doors and switching off lights, ensuring that premises are left safe and secure.
- Report safety or maintenance issues to your Cleaning Supervisor or to Janitorial staff.
- Other tasks as may reasonably be required that relate to the role, including supporting cleaning tasks across other buildings where required.
- Inform appropriate member of staff as and when security or safety risks arise and taking appropriate actions when it is deemed safe to do so
- The post holder will be required to deliver to the cleaning specification requirements and to cooperate with performance measurement so that the overall agreed standards are met.
- At times, deal with enquiries from members of the public
Knowledge and Skills
- Applied knowledge of cleaning within Council policy, practices and process, and supported by relevant qualifications or demonstrable knowledge in key areas such as Health and Safety
- Demonstrate a passion for high cleaning standards, to resolve issues and/or make improvements
- Demonstrate a curiosity to grow knowledge and professional development
- Demonstrate ability to self-motivate and manage own time
You can read the full job description and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 15 March 2021.