The City of Edinburgh Council are looking to recruit a Flexible Cleaning Operative based at Longstone Primary school working in various locations across Wester Hailes.
The post is permanent, working part time 15 hours per week, with a salary of £19,123 – £19,424 per year.
Purpose of Job
To be responsible for the general cleaning of the premises in accordance with the Service Level Agreement, under the direction of the Cleaning Supervisor whilst ensuring all cleaning materials/equipment are handled and utilised in a safe and conscientious manner.
- To empty litter and recycling bins.
- The cleaning of all surfaces, internal glass, floors, furniture, fixtures and fittings within a group of buildings.
- The cleaning of all sanitary areas, toilets and showers and the replenishment of washroom consumables.
- Emergency and re-active cleaning as required, e.g. removal of graffiti, body fluid spillages, accidental spillages.
- Some issues may arise which will require logging and escalating to management. In most cases the post holder will be required to act autonomously and, in some cases, make decisions in the absence of a supervisor.
- The care and cleanliness of all equipment used in carrying out the above duties.
- Report safety or maintenance issues to your Cleaning Supervisor or to Janitorial staff.
- Other tasks as may reasonably be required that relate to the role, including supporting cleaning tasks across other buildings where required.
- Inform appropriate member of staff as and when security or safety risks arise and taking appropriate actions when it is deemed safe to do so
- The post holder will be required to deliver to the cleaning specification requirements and to cooperate with performance measurement so that the overall agreed standards are met.
- At times, deal with enquiries from members of the public
You can read the full job description, person specification and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8 June 2022.