The Wester Hailes Youth Agency are recruiting Sessional Youth Workers to join their youthwork team.
To develop purposeful links with young people and work with them to develop their ideas and create opportunities for themselves and the local community. All work will be negotiated in partnership with young people where their demands and aspirations are accepted and respected. Openness and flexibility will be key aspects in ensuring that young people have the relevant information to make positive choices in their lives.
- To make contact with young people in Wester Hailes and surrounding areas and identify their needs and aspirations.
- To participate in the delivery of a range of Youth Agency services which meet the identified needs and aspirations of young people. Sessional Youth Workers are expected to work on sites both outdoors and centre based.
- To plan, prepare and deliver youth work programmes, including contributing to evaluations and reviews.
- To provide ongoing support and information to young people on a variety of issues.
- To encourage and support the involvement of young people in all aspects of the Agency and the local community.
- To adhere to current policy and practice in all aspects of the Agency’s work, including Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
- To contribute to the effective administration of the Agency, where appropriate.
- To take part in training deemed necessary by the current requirements of the Agency.
- To undertake any other duties which may be required.
An Application pack for the post is available at the following link: Sessional Youth Worker
Should you require any further information please contact the Youth Agency on 0131 442 4015 or email@example.com.
Closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Thursday 21st July 2022.