Lidl are looking to recruit two customer assistant positions and a cleaner role in their Wester Hailes store.
The details of the jobs are:
Customer Assistant – 30 hours per week, salary of £10.10 up to £11.40 per hour. Closing Date for applications 6 September 2022.
Customer Assistant – 20 hours per week, salary of £10.10 up to £11.40 per hour. Closing Date for applications 6 September 2022.
As a Customer Assistant at Lidl, no shift is the same and you get out what you put in. Starting at 5am some days to set up the store bakery for the day or finishing at 11pm on others to close the store and ensure the store is ready for another day of customers, you’ll keep moving and keep business booming. Every day is different, so you won’t just be working deliveries or working on the till; you’ll be doing all of it and more. You could even train to be a freshness specialist, non-food specialist or a bakery specialist. It’s your hard graft that puts food onto dinner tables and keeps our customers coming back.
What you’ll do
- Unpack stock as deliveries arrive in store
- Providing excellent customer service on the tills
- Help our customers with any questions or queries, and locate items around the store
- Ensure the bakery stays topped up by baking fresh goods
- Ensure shelves are looking good, checking for sell by dates, ensuring quality and freshness for our customers
- Merchandising and maintaining our middles aisles of non-food products
What you’ll need
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- The flexibility to start an early shift at 5am or finish a late shift at 11pm
- The ability to react positively to changing priorities
- The initiative to identify tasks that need to be completed
- The drive to work hard and contribute to the success of your store
- A friendly communication style with your team and customers
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
Cleaner – 16 hours per week, salary of £10.10 up to £10.40 per hour. Closing Date for applications 6 September 2022.
For our cleaners, every sweep of the brush is a step towards perfecting the customer experience. Working a couple of hours per day, usually in the mornings, you’ll make sure that the store is clean, tidy and safe to move around, both on and off the shop floor. There’s a lot to do, but if you’re someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, this could be the role for you. Our cleaners are an essential part of our store teams. They are relied upon to ensure both customer facing areas and employee areas are clean and tidy. Find out more below and apply for a career a Lidl less ordinary.
What you’ll do
- Maintain a clean and tidy store, focusing on customer-facing areas
- Maintain the outside cleanliness and tidiness of the store e.g. trolley bays and the car park
- Clean the warehouse area including the waste and recycling sections
- Operate industrial cleaning machinery
- Carry out minor maintenance tasks and report any major requirements to your manager
- Ensuring hygiene and health and safety standards are applied for customers and employees
What you’ll need
- Previous cleaning or maintenance experience is beneficial but not essential
- A hands-on approach to your work and a keen eye for detail
- The ability to carry out your tasks independently
- Motivation to do the best job for your store and your team
You can read the full job advertisements and apply for the posts at the links above.