WHALE Arts Agency (Wester Hailes Arts for Leisure and Education) launched in 1992 and was originally based in the Blue Hut on the Murrayburn Greenway. It’s official launch on August 7 1992 saw a balloon launch, a hot air balloon trip with Gerard Kelly as well as live music and street performers.
Over the past 25 years WHALE has grown, putting on Fringe shows, moving to a purpose-built Art centre in November 2000 and even welcoming a Royal visitor. It has continued to encourage local people to become involved in the Arts through training courses, workshops, events and activities from circus skills to dark room photography.
Head along tomorrow, join in the fun and help celebrate this landmark occasion, 1.00pm – 4.00pm at the WHALE Arts Centre. For a day full of:
- Aerial acrobatics
- All or Nothing Aerial Dance Theatre
- Epic Chalk with EKoS
- Dance with Eleanor Robertson
- Unveiling of the Stitch ‘n’ Time community map
- A birthday cake competition!
- A performance of ‘All Hailes Macbeth’ by WHALEs Without a Cause, WHALE Arts’ resident drama group at 4.30pm. Please note that the show is not suitable for children
For more information contact the WHALE Arts Centre on 0131 458 3267 or firstname.lastname@example.org.