Lothian Buses have revealed their upcoming service changes including a change in the route for the service 33 which will come into affect from 14 July.
These will include increasing the number of express buses operating on services X33 and X37, and revised timetables on services 1, 3, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15/X15, 16, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29, 31, 36, 38, 41, 45, 47 and 49.
Changes to local services are:
- A minor route change to the Service 30 with Stoneybank Crescent and Monktonhall Terrace no longer being served in order to reduce journey times and to improve reliability.
- Service 33 will terminate at Sherrifhall with the introduction of the new Service 48 and have a new terminal point at Clovenstone Road.
Other changes will include:
- Service 1 will be extended to Leith Links, due to the removal of the roundabout at the foot of Easter Road.
- A revised route for all Service 15 /X15 buses. These buses will run between Penicuik and Waterloo Place with the Saturday service withdrawn.
- Service X33 will have additional journeys at peak times and the route wil be extended to start and terminate at Newtongrange.
- The introduction of a NEW Service 48 operating between Gorebridge and Fort Kinnaird via Newtongrange, Mayfield, Dalkeith, and the Royal Infirmary.
- Service 21 will operate a revised timetable all week and will no longer service Gyle Centre on Sundays.
Revised timetables will be available over the coming weeks.