With Christmas just around the corner, the Edinburgh’s Christmas magic is heading out and shining a special light on the capital’s community spirit with Community Christmas coming to Wester Hailes on Sunday 15 December 2019.
Community Christmas is a free, family-friendly celebration which brings local communities, including Wester Hailes and Broomhouse, together to spread festive cheer in their local neighbourhood! Presented in collaboration with Double Take Projections, Community Christmas sees 12 buildings over 12 consecutive nights, across all four of Edinburgh’s localities, come alive for one night only each with festive projections. To accompany the special projections, each event features a different local choir performing some of the best-loved festive tunes and carols such as Dear Santa, Silent Night, Jingle Bells and Rocking around the Christmas Tree.
They will be appearing locally on:
- 13 December: Broomhouse Hub – Broomhouse Community Choir
- 15 December: Wester Hailes Library, Wester Hailes – Pentland Singers
- 16 December: Pentland Community Centre, Oxgangs – Edinburgh Military Wives Choir
Each event starts at 7pm and lasts approximately 30 minutes.
Ruth Fisher, Edinburgh’s Christmas Producer said:
Edinburgh’s Christmas wouldn’t be possible without the support and engagement of local communities and we are extremely excited to be able to give a very special gift to them this festive season, Community Christmas.
So join us to cheer and singalong with local Edinburgh music talent, yule be sorry to miss it!
The other locations across Edinburgh are:
- 11 December: Hermitage Park Primary School – Hermitage Park Primary School Choir
- 12 December: Abbeyhill Primary School – Abbeyhill Primary School Choir
- 14 December: Drumbrae Library and Community Hub – Got Soul Choir
- 17 December: Granton Primary School – Granton Primary School Choir
- 18 December: Corstorphine Community Hub, 191 St John’s Road – Rannoch Singers
- 19 December: Gilmerton Community Centre – Gracemount Primary School Choir
- 20 December: Inch House Community Centre – Edinburgh Polish Scouts
- 21 December: Northfield and Willowbrae Community Centre – Edinburgh Youth Theatre Singers
- 22 December: The Crags Centre by Holyrood Park – Preston Street Primary School Choi