Art in Healthcare are looking to recruit freelance Support Workers with a Community Development background for Room For Art, an arts and social prescribing project for adults with long term health issues, disabilities and/or mental health issues to participate in visual art workshops.
- To attend the arts project every week and encourage participants to engage with the art.
- Make people feel welcome, facilitating group discussions, and if necessary one to ones.
- Meeting with the Outreach Manager on a regular basis to discuss how the participants are engaging with the project, highlighting any successes or issues.
- Signpost participants to additional relevant activities if requested.
- To support the participants to complete project evaluations.
- To keep a register of participant’s attendance at the project.
- To support participants to complete registration forms and photo, film and social media consent forms.
- To adhere to Art in Healthcare’s policies and procedures.
- To take photos and film activities when consent is given.
- Being responsible for the well-being and safety of participants.
- Interacting respectfully with the participants, partners, artists and Outreach Manager.
- Keep all matters related to participants confidential at all times.
- In the case of disclosure or health-related issues, notify the Outreach Manager, the Community Link Worker and if appropriate the participant’s GP.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 12 January 2020.
Please send your C.V and a covering letter with ‘SUPPORT WORKER’ in subject and email;
or post to;
Art in Healthcare
Out of the Blue
32-36 Dalmeny Street