Wester Hailes Medical Practice has released the following information about a new drive through Flu Vaccine being launched at Napier to ensure people are protected this Winter.
With COVID-19 around it’s more important than ever to get the flu vaccine. Flu is serious. Getting the vaccine will protect you, others and the NHS.
If you receive a letter inviting you to get the flu vaccine, please follow the instructions.
This year, you’re invited to a new drive through location to receive your flu vaccine:
Napier University, Sighthill Campus, 9 Sighthill Court, Edinburgh, EH11 4BN
Who will be offered the flu vaccine
The following groups are eligible for the flu vaccine this year:
- All primary school children
- Children aged 2 to 5 (children must be aged 2 years or above on 1 September 2020 and not yet in school)
- Anyone aged 65 and over (by 31 March 2021)
- Anyone with an eligible health condition
- Pregnant women
- Healthcare workers
- Unpaid and young carers
- Those living in the same home as people previously shielding from coronavirus
- Adults aged 55 to 64 (by 31 March 2021) who would not usually be eligible
- Social care workers who provide direct personal care
Vaccination for the different groups will begin as soon as the necessary supply of vaccine becomes available.
Those most at risk will be prioritised.
The first phase will begin in October and will include:
- those who are already eligible
- those living in the same home as people previously shielding from coronavirus
- social care workers providing direct personal care
The second phase is planned to begin in December, and will include those aged 55 to 64.