SCOREscotland is recruiting a Youth and Children’s Development Officer.
The post is fixed-term working 35 hours per week full time from May 2023 to March 2024.
Purpose of the Job
- To target and develop purposeful links with children and young people (C&YP) particularly those from black and minority ethnic communities (BME) in South West Edinburgh (our area of benefit).
- To lead, with C&YP input; devise/plan, publicise and deliver varied programmes of informed, issue-based, high quality and fun C&YP activities in a safe space; to increase opportunities for C&YP to have positive experiences; locally, city-wide and nationally in order to reduce isolation, disadvantage and the achievement gap experienced by many children living in Wester Hailes and surrounding areas.
- To adopt collaborative methods and better identify unmet needs/complex issues of C&YP and families; to respond to the substantial need for additional support amongst some BME families; to represent these needs to other relevant agencies.
- To promote C&YP’s physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- To contribute to CEC youth provision policy; work with other local youth work providers to improve their understanding of BME young people’s needs and promote cultural awareness to youth services, schools etc. throughout South West Edinburgh.
- Promote anti-racism in all strands of work- ensuring issue based group work focuses on anti-racism, race hate crime information and awareness building with C&YP.
You can read the full job advertisement and download an application form online here. The closing date for applications is Friday 14 April 2023.