The City of Edinburgh Council are recruiting an Early Years Practitioner position based at Calderglen Early Years and Childcare.
The post is permanent working full-time 36 hours per week during term time with a salary of £24,890 – £28,854.
Purpose of Job:
- To provide a service compatible with good practice in the education and care of children and young people within the policies and systems laid down by the Council and Education Department and the Care Commission.
- To work as an effective member of a Multi-Disciplinary or other Team promoting a stimulating environment which balances education and care for children and young people. Meeting children’s individual needs and those of their families, enabling each individual to achieve their potential.
- Work as a team member and establish good and effective relationships with children, young people, staff and parents.
- Contribute to the delivery of an effective education and care service in line with the pre-determined policies and procedures of the Council. Work as a team member and establish good and effective relationships with the children, young people, staff and parents.
- Contribute to programmes of work for children with additional support needs and help to assess their effectiveness
- Create a supportive and caring ethos in which individual children and young people are encouraged and supported to develop self-esteem, self-confidence and respect for others.
- Provide an appropriately challenging and stimulating educational environment where individual children and young people are encouraged to reach their full potential.
You can read the full job advertisement and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is 13 June 2023.