SCOREscotland will be holding an 8 week course titled Understanding and Challenging Racism starting Monday 26 October 2020, 6.00pm – 8.00pm, then running every Monday, with a registration fee of £5 per session.
This course will broaden participants’ understanding of the systematic nature of racism and its impact on our behaviour and on our relationships with each other and with ourselves.
Participants will have the opportunity to consider the sources of personal power and how they use their own influence to challenge power inequalities and promote inclusion.
The sessions will be facilitated by Gillian Neish from Neish Training, organised by SCOREscotland. Gillian is an extremely experienced trainer who has dedicated her practice to anti-racist/anti-oppressive ways of working.
The 8 sessions are:
- Session 1: Welcome, introductions, expectations, ground rules The systematic nature of racism
- Session 2: Impact of Discrimination
- Session 3: Unconscious bias
- Session 4: Communication styles, language and political correctness
- Session 5: Challenging racism and being an ally
- Session 6: Walking the talk – authentically (how are you using your power)
- Session 7: Creating an inclusive culture
- Session 8: What now – goal setting
You must attend all sessions to participate. Please cancel in advance if you cannot attend, to allow for the space to be offered to someone else.
Tickets are available here.
Please get in touch with SCOREscotland for more information 0131 442 2341.